Work accidents commonly happen in the industrial sectors of the United Kingdom. If you are involved in any sort of accident at work and you have no fault in it, you can rightfully demand compensation from your employer. It is the prime duty of the employer to ensure safety at work. The UK business owners who cannot ensure safety at work should be sued. Like any other accident, you need concrete evidence to establish your work accident compensation claims in a work accident case.
You can follow the tips given below to turn your claim making process easy:
- Get advice from a doctor immediately after the accident
- Store all the medical reports because they will play an important role in establishing your case
- Do not forget to report your accident to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). No matter how minor or major is your injury; you should take initiatives and report the accident to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- You should also include your accident in the accident report book of your workplace
- Try to collect the opinions of those who witnessed the incident.
- Seek legal assistance from an expert solicitor
What steps should the employers take to minimize the number of work accidents? The employer should do the needful to bring down the number of accidents at work. Here are a few tips that the employers need to follow to ensure health and safety at the workplace:
- The employers should introduce risk assessment programs to trace the potential risks at the workplace. Common risks in the UK workplaces include objects barricading the paths, wet floors and manual handling.
- The employers should take initiatives to identify the dangerous regions within the workplace.
- The business owners should assist the employees so that they can stay away from injuries at work.
- The business owners need to start training programs and urge the employees to take part in these programs to learn the handling specialized equipment at work.
- The entrepreneurs running their businesses in the United Kingdom need to appoint a supervisor who should monitor the workplace and the workers while they are at work.
- The employers need to provide the workers with protective clothing as and when necessary.
Reporting an accident at work is important. There are a large number of workers in the United Kingdom who do not report their work accidents in the fear of losing jobs. However, as per the laws and policies of the UK government, no employee can be sacked if they complain about an accident at work and file a work accident compensation claim against the employer.
It is always advisable to consult a personal injury solicitor after an accident at work. The solicitor would show you the right path to winning a high amount of compensation. He would use all his logical power and excellent communication skills to help you win the work accident claims.
No related posts.